Help us amplify more voices in comedy. Literally, with a mic! We are currently looking for a digital marketing whiz. See the description below! GOLD Comedy is located in Brooklyn, NY.
Looking to just write? We are always looking for more awesome writers to contribute to our How-to’s, Mini Q&A’s, and Just Funny content. If you are interested in writing for us, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a whiz with all things digital, can recite every scene from Ghostbusters (2016)—and want to devote 20-30 hours a week to amplifying girls’ and women’s voices (literally, with a mic!)—you’re probably going to want to keep reading.
We are GOLD Comedy. We are an early-stage startup all about giving girls and women (and honestly, anyone “different”) the tools to find their funny and the places to share it with the world. We need you to help us build our audience and boost our signal. Specifically, we need someone sharp, ambitious, and proactive to help us spread the word with and about our digital course, YouTube videos, articles, social media, and email. If all of the above sounds like your jam, and you have 3-4 days a week to spare, we’d love to hear from you.
– Record new teaser videos for our YouTube channel using professional setup that includes backdrop, lighting, microphone and DSLR camera
– Work with our video lead to edit videos in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Pro
– Write snappy, SEO-friendly articles and other content for GOLD’s site
– Update, manage, and maintain GOLD’s WordPress site
– Help promote GOLD Comedy content on social media platforms (Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
– Manage the GOLD Comedy MailChimp account and send regular newsletters
– Conduct content and market/marketing research; organize and present findings
– Coordinate meetings/events and manage email communication with multiple people at one time
– Manage miscellaneous administrative stuff
– Experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity
– Experience with WordPress
– Experience with visual software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
– Familiarity with media analytics a plus
– Comfortable behind a camera and using professional video equipment
– Ability to write and edit engaging, professional quality content
– Comedy nerdery a huge plus
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/links to recent work to email@example.com with the subject line “The revolution should be hilarious.” In your cover letter, please answer this question: Who is your comedy idol and why?